Westfield Group (WDC)
Shares / Stock Code
Stock Exchange / Sharemarket
Westfield Group (WDC) is a real property management group vertically integrated and internally managed with a global portfolio. Its operations involve property management, shopping centre investment, property development, leasing and marketing, funds/assets management and design and construction. WOS was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on the 5th of July 2004. Its average annual revenue reaches approximately AUD$6 million. Its headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia. Westfield Group operates mainly in three business segments: Funds, Property Development and Property Management.
The Funds segment of Westfield Group is involved in assets management for institutional investors and others. The investments made by the institutional investors are taken on the basis of joint venture on the specific properties with the partners of Westfield Group. Some of the partners of Westfield Group for the funds management are the Deutsche Asset Management, AMP Capital Investors, JP Morgan Real Estate Investment Management, the Perron Group, Prudential Plc and the Australian Prime Property Fund (APPF).
The Property Development segment of Westfield Group (WDC) is in charge of the management of the leasing activities, design, construction as well as the development of the group. Before the construction project is commenced, the company would have to enter into leasing or tenancy agreement.
The Property Management segment of Westfield Group is in charge of the day-to-day management, leasing and marketing of the different centres under the umbrella of the company.
Westfield Group (WDC) Company History
Through the merging of the companies, Westfield Holdings, Westfield America Trust, and Westfield Trust, the company was established in July of 2004. The group, in the same month, got listed on the stock exchange of Australia.
Also, the group obtained a 4.8 percent stake in November of the same year, in General Property Trust and the company got a 97.3 percent acceptance when they bid to get Duelguide.
In May of 2005, the group reached an agreement for the further 25 percent interest purchase for more or less than 118.73 million US dollars in White City, which increased the group’s ownership of the company development to 50 percent.
In June 2005, New York, the company’s portfolio was expanded, subsequently making an agreement to get a 100 percent interest for 143 million US dollars in the New York’s Sunrise Mall, which is located in Massapequa. Three months later, the group sold 6.53 percent of its holdings with the other company, the General Property Trust, for a total of 518 million US dollars.
In October of 2005, the company announced the Westfield Helensvale shopping center’s inauguration on the Gold Coast by Queensland Premier Peter Beattie.
In December of 2005, the company’s plans were revealed for an office and retail development project, which was a world class, a 600 million US dollar project that would be located in Sydney.
Westfield Group (WDC) Products and Services
Westfield Group is a company primarily involved in the construction, development, leasing, property management, and marketing of retail estate property. Among their products and services are:
- Property development and construction
- Funds/asset management
- Leasing and marketing activities
- Property management
Westfield Group Competitors
- Stockland (SGP)
- Capital Shopping Centres plc
- CBL & Associates Properties Inc.
- Developers Diversified Realty Corporation
- General Growth Properties, Inc.
- Simon Property Group, Inc.
- Trammell Crow Company
Westfield Group (WDC) Locations and Subsidiaries
Westfield Group Headquarters
100 William Street
SYDNEY NSW 2011
Phone: (02) 9358 7000
Fax: (02) 9357 7131
Westfield Group (WDC) Share Price
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)
ASX GICS Sector Company List
- Automobile & Components
- Capital Goods
- Commercial Services & Supplies
- Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Consumer Services
- Diversified Financials
- Food & Staples Retailing
- Food Beverage & Tobacco
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Real Estate
- Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment
- Software & Services
- Technology Hardware & Equipment
- Telecommunication Services