Uranium Exploration Australia (UXA)
Shares / Stock Code
Stock Exchange / Sharemarket
Uranium Exploration Australia (UXA) is an exploration company primarily searching for uranium. Its exploration activities are spread around Australia, with projects in South Australia, the Northern Territory, New South Wales and Western Australia. Uranium Exploration Australia Limited was formed in January 2005 and listed on the Australian stock market (ASX) on 22 November 2005.
Uranium Exploration Australia has seven exploration licence areas under application (ELAs) proximate to the Olympic Damn, the world's largest known uranium deposit. The geographical spread of UXA's exploration projects provides a degree of diversification that is necessary in managing the risk involved in uranium exploration. On October 1, 2009, UXA completed the acquisition of Geoscience Associates (Australia) Pty Ltd (GAA).
Competing with UXA for uranium reserves include companies such as Arafura Resources NL (ARU) and Deep Yellow Limited (DYL). There is a strong global market for uranium, as it is an increasingly popular energy source. However, as an explorer, UXA currently has no existing customers.
Uranium Exploration Australia - Western Australia Project
In Western Australia the Company has an agreement with Rey Resources Ltd. concerning the uranium rights on two granted exploration licences covering part of the Myroodah uranium project in the Canning Basin, 120km South East of Derby and only 40km from a sealed highway.
In Western Australia the Company has signed a farm-in and joint venture agreement with Rey Resources Ltd. covering the uranium rights on two granted exploration licences covering part of the Myroodah uranium project in the Canning Basin WA, 120km South East of Derby and only 40km from a sealed highway. Uranium was first discovered at Myroodah by CRAE (Ashton Joint Venture) in 1978, who drilled 17 holes totalling 1565.5m to test the radiometric anomalies.
The mineralisation appears to be of roll-front-sandstone hosted style with grades calculated from down hole gamma logging (using appropriate calibration) of 0.1 kg/t to 0.48 kg/t (480ppm) U3O8 over widths of 1.0m to 3.0m. No exploration for uranium has been conducted since 1981.
The uranium mineralisation occurs in a synclinal outlier of the oxidised Triassic Erskine Sandstone and underlying reduced Blina Shale which, at this location, is projected to lie about 500m above the Permian coal horizons of the Canning Basin.The Erskine Sandstone is an aquifer, hence there may be potential for an In Situ Leach operation or for near surface uranium.
Government airborne radiometric data shows a widespread anomaly associated with the shallowly dipping Erskine Sandstone and underlying Blina Shale which opens up the possibility of discovering broad zones of near surface mineralisation. Previous drilling by CRAE did not test for near surface mineralisation.
Yambla/Harts Range Project
UXA has signed an exploration agreement with Cullen Resources Ltd covering the Yambla Project, a granted exploration licence EL26142. Uranium was discovered at Yambla by PNC Exploration in 1992, which drilled a number of holes to test radiometric anomalies and outcropping uraninite-rich veins within the amphibolite rock.
A number of other styles of uranium mineralisation occur in the area and may constitute potential for an "unconformity" type deposit. UXA has applied for three exploration licences spanning a 110km2 area immediately surrounding the Yambla project ("Harts Range"), covering areas of similar geology and uranium prospectivity.
Uranium Exploration Australia (UXA) Products and Services
- Exploration company primarily searching for uranium.
Uranium Exploration Australia (UXA) Locations and Subsidiaries
Uranium Exploration Australia Head Office
43a Fullarton Road, KENT TOWN,
SA, AUSTRALIA, 5067
Phone: 08 8363 7970
Fax: 08 8363 7963
Uranium Exploration Australia (UXA) Share Price
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)
ASX GICS Sector Company List
- Automobile & Components
- Capital Goods
- Commercial Services & Supplies
- Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Consumer Services
- Diversified Financials
- Food & Staples Retailing
- Food Beverage & Tobacco
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Real Estate
- Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment
- Software & Services
- Technology Hardware & Equipment
- Telecommunication Services