Australian Shares Recommendations
United Group (UGL) retained a neutral rating from Australian stock analyst Macquarie Research Equities.
United Group (UGL) Wins $270m of New Contracts
$100m Contract with Melbourne Water:
UGL Infrastructure and partners have signed a 5 year, $260m (UGL share $100m) contract with Melbourne Water for the upgrade of MW's Eastern and Western sewerage treatment plants and associated pump stations.
$170m Resources Work:
Insurance Aust Group (IAG) update from Australian stock analyst Macquarie Research Equities.
Insurance Aust Group (IAG) New CEO called up from the bench
Event: CEO change:
IAG today announced that Mike Hawker had resigned as CEO, effective immediately, citing a lack of support from several shareholders. Mike Wilkins is the new CEO, having been COO and board member since November 2007, when he joined the company.
Impact: More change likely:
Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC) has a price target of $25.90 from Australian stock analyst UBS.
Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC) SGB MIA - "a growth agenda"
No surprises in the WBC/SGB Merger Implementation Agreement (MIA):
Aristocrat Leisure (ALL) has a target price of $8.80 from stockmarket analyst Macquarie Research Equities.
Aristocrat Leisure Ltd (ALL): Cutting Back in Australia
Lowering Australian replacement sales — On the back of ongoing weak trends in the very large NSW club and hotel market, driven by impact of smoke-free gaming on venues, we have lowered unit sales to roughly equal to those achieved in FY07, and have taken a more conservative view in forward years.
Insurance Australia (IAG) has a target price of $3.83 and an under-perform recommendation on the stock from Australian Stockmarket analyst Macquarie Research Equities.
Insurance Australia (IAG): In A Grind
IAG’s CEO, Michael Hawker, has announced his resignation on the back of a loss of key institutional support. His replacement is COO and former Promina CEO, Mr Mike Wilkins. Macquarie Research Equities (MRE) discusses the impacts of this move for the company and the implications of IAG’s global operational review in early July.
Babcock & Brown (BNB) has a $25.00 share price target from Australian stockmarket analysts from Citi.
Babcock & Brown (BNB) Reputation damage
BBP refinancing shortfall and "mis-communication":
Brambles (BXB) has a share price target of $9.20 from Australian stockmarket analyst Macquarie Research Equities.
Brambles (BXB) Fuel cost pressures likely to hurt Crown
30% rise in pump prices will hurt CHEP Europe:
Macquarie Research Equities (MRE) highlighted some of the recent impacts experienced by the Australian Banking Sector.
Banking Sector – Westpac (WBC) Looks to Slay the Dragon
The Strain of rising interest rates, spiking inflationary pressure and low levels of consumer sentiment seemed to take its toll on the Aussie banks last week as they underperformed the market by 4.3%. Macquarie Research Equities (MRE) discusses the key highlights of the week and the implications for the sector. With the exclusivity period for the SGB merger ending, what’s next?
Here is an update on China’s Industrialisation from market analyst Macquarie Research Equities.
China’s Industrialisation: Resources Strong - Go Long!
26 May 2008
China’s Industrialisation: Resources Strong - Go Long!
Australian Banking Sector Update provided by Australian stockmarket analyst Macquarie Research Equities.
Banking Sector Revisited
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)