Macquarie Group (MQG) is a global provider of diversified financial services comprising banking, financial, advisory and investment services in Australia and selected financial services offshore. The Company’s head office is located in Sydney, Australia. Macquarie Group listed on ASX on 5 of November, 2007. Currently Macquarie has over 13,000 staff employed in 25 countries. The Company is organized in to seven divisions.
Macquarie Private Wealth, a retail division of Macquarie Group (ASX:MQG), has been found by the Australian financial watchdog ASIC (Australian Securities & Investments Commission) to have compliance deficiencies and have found that a significant number of advisers have breached compliance.
- Four year covert surveillance by ASIC found that Macquarie Private Wealth (MPW) failed to give proper advice to clients and failed to keep proper client records.
The year comes of with a rough start for some and a smooth for others as companies trade stocks for the second week of 2012. Here are the lists of the best and worst traded stocks in the ASX100, ASX200 and All Ordinaries in the Australian Securities Exchange for January 9-13, 2012.
Best Performing Trade Stocks ASX100 (XTO)
The bank announced in a market update that its bottom line will be well below the forecast earnings, saying the month of August was more challenging than expected. It also said rising tax rates and the sluggish global economy slashed earnings in the six months to September.
For tomorrow, July 28, 2011, four companies are going to have their meetings. There are no ex-dividends and floats to watch out for yet.
EGM/AGM: NWT, NSX, MBL, MQG
Newsa Limited and NSX Limited are going to have their extraordinary general meeting (EGM). On the other hand Macquarie Bank and Macquarie Group Limited are going to have their annual general meeting (AGM).
Hundreds of jobs could be lost as the Macquarie Group, (ASX:MQG) faces a weak investment market. For the first time since early 2009, Macquarie shares dropped below $30 last week and prompted a Citigroup analyst to recommend workforce cuts.
Macquarie wages have recently fallen below international averages and staff had already been lost to Asian companies with more lucrative offers, according to chief executive Nicholas Moore.
Stock Market Trading Bottom Ten Performers on the ASX 100 for the week. These stocks decreased their share price by the largest percentage on the Australian sharemarket, the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) from the previous week of trading (14th week: 4th April to 8th April 2011). Other lists of ASX companies by market capitalisation.
Worst Performing Australian Stocks of the Week on the ASX100 (XTO) for the week. These stocks decreased their share price by the largest percentage on the Australian sharemarket, the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) from the previous week of trading (6th week: 7th February to 11th February 2011). Other lists of ASX companies by market capitalisation.
Australian based investment bank, Macquarie Group (ASX:MQG) have announced a lower profit warning as a consequence of subdued global markets affecting the majority of its businesses. MQG said in an announcement to the stockmarket that it expects its second-half profit for the six months to the end of March 2011 to be around 5% lower than in the year-ago period.
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)