South32 (S32) is a globally diversified metals and mining company. South32 has mining operations with bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. South32 head office is in Perth, Australia with regional hubs in Johannesburg, London and Singapore.
South32 (S32) Company History
South32 (S32) was floated on the sharemarket on 18/05/2015. The name of the company is a reference to the 32nd parallel - the latitude which links Australia with South Africa.
Gulf Manganese Corporation (GMC) develops Premium Indonesian Manganese Alloy. GMC owns PT Gulf Mangan Grup and plans to build the first ferromanganese (FeMn) smelting hub in Timor, Indonesia. Indonesia introduced new laws in 2009 which requires the value adding of minerals. The minerals need to be upgraded otherwise they cannot be exported. There are smaller silicon manganese smelters in Indonesia, however there isn't any significant facility for the production of high grade ferro manganese alloy.
Gulf Manganese Corporation (GMC) Company History
Australian Vanadium (AVL) is an emerging vanadium producer focused on the Gabanintha deposit in Western Australia. The Company is developing the Gabanintha Vanadium Project near Meekatharra, which is among the highest grade vanadium projects in the world. The company aims to supply its high grade product to battery makers worldwide. The market is expected to grow significantly on the back of increased renewable energy generation.
Australian Vanadium (AVL) Company History
Australian Vanadium was floated on the sharemarket on 21/02/2007.
Antipa Minerals (AZY) was formed with the objective of identifying under-explored mineral projects in mineral provinces, which have the potential to host mineral deposits. The company owns a package of prospective tenements in the Proterozoic Paterson Province of Western Australia known as the Citadel Project. The Citadel Project is located in northwest Western Australia approximately 400 km east of Port Headland and 1,300 km northeast of Perth. It consists of four exploration licenses covering an area of approximately 1,414 km2 of highly prospective but grossly under explored stratigraphy.
Brazilian Metals Group (BMG) is a Perth-based company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. It is focussed on the Rio Pardo Iron Ore project in Brazil. Brazilian Metals Group was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) on 12 May 2004.
Minas Norte Mineraçao Ltda (a wholly owned subsidiary) is a Brazilian registered company and holds a number of tenements at granted and application stages in the north of Minas Gerais state in southern Brazil. The Rio Pardo iron ore project covers 899.0 square kilometres in 62 tenements.
Ark Mines Ltd (Ark) is a Sydney-based company carrying out exploration on its five projects in the Lachlan Fold Belt, in the central west of New South Wales. The Lachlan Fold Belt is a long-standing, proven mineralized region. Ark is focusing on gold, copper, zinc, iron and rare earth elements. The company holds 100% of five exploration licenses (ELs) in the Cobar, Mt Boppy, Tritton, Hera, and Mineral Hill Region of New South Wales.
Audalia Resources (ACP) is a base metal exploration company with ground holdings in the Gascoyne Region of Western Australia. Its exploration tenements cover over 335 square kilometers with lead, zinc and copper minerals. The Gascoyne Project is located approximately 100 kilometers north of Gascoyne Junction east of the Lyons River and tributaries. The tenements consist of three granted exploration licenses and two exploration tenement applications. The total area occupied by the tenements, including applications, is 108 blocks.
BrightStar Resources (BUT) is an exploration company for gold and other minerals in Australia, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand. BrightStar Resources has a solid resource base of 680,000 attributable ounces and excellent exploration targets.
BrightStar was previously named Tasman Goldfields Limited which listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 2008 with a small portfolio of Australasian gold projects. After experiencing financing difficulties in 2009, the board was replaced with the current directors. After a small capital raising in 2010, the company was re-named to BrightStar.
Cabral Resources (CBS) is a resource company focusing on mining exploration in Australia and South America. CBS also provides legal and finance professionals focused on the acquisition and development of resource assets in South America. Cabral Resources was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in 22 June 1995.
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)