Kentor Gold (KGL)

Shares / Stock Code

KGL

Stock Exchange / Sharemarket

Australian Securities Exchange

Kentor Gold (KGL) was established in May 1998 to mine and explore for Gold in the Kyrgyz Replubic. The Company's vision is to discover and mine gold in the Kyrgyz segment of the Tien Shan metallogenic belt of Central Asia. The exploration projects they are undertaking include Ertash, Kensu,Karasu, Kyldoo and Talas.

KGL was formed in May 1998 with intentions of gold exploration in the Kyrgyz Republic. The Company listed on the Australian Stockmarket (ASX) 17 March 2005. Although KGL is listed in the ASX, its principal activities are located in the Kyrgyz Republic (Central Asia).

Kentor Gold is also exploring for gold elsewhere, in the Kyrgyz Republic, including Savoyardy where the Company is focusing to build a high grade project . On December 22, 2009, Kentor Gold Limited acquired 100% of the issued capital of Kaldora Company.

Kentor has a 80% ownership in the operations in the Kyrgyz Republic. The other 20% are held by the state, Kyrgyz Geophysical Expedition. The mining industry is a global industry, which is highly competitive. KGL's major customers would include the retail, wholesale and international markets. Its competitors consist of other gold mining companies such as Jabiru Metals (JBL).

Initial production of 60,000 oz gold and 6,800 tonnes copper in a single concentrate is targeted to commence late in 2011 Assessments of high grade gold prospects surrounding Andash point to the potential to increase production and extend mine life.

Kentor Gold is focussed on Andash and a small group of other gold and geothermal energy assets in the Kyrgyz Republic. One of the world’s largest gold provinces runs through the Kyrgyz Republic where the Company has been entrenching its presence over recent years.

The Company has established a small, high grade gold Resource at Rudny in the Savoyardy Gold Project, and aims to build a substantial economic project through further exploration. Exploration programs are also planned for the Kurgan and Bashkol gold prospects, while Panax Geothermal Limited is earning a 51% interest through engagement in a Geothermal Energy Joint Venture.

Kentor Gold (KGL) Products and Services

  • Gold Exploration

Kentor Gold (KGL) Locations and Subsidiaries

Kentor Gold Head Office
Level 36, Riparian Plaza, 71 Eagle St,
Brisbane, QLD, AUSTRALIA, 4000
Phone: (07) 3121 3206
Fax: (07) 3121 3030

Kentor Gold (KGL) Share Price

Submitted by ASX Listed Company on 10 May, 2010 - 04:54

Download our FREE App


Signup for Free
Don't miss out on your free share trading articles.


Free Risk Money Management Calculator for those who sign up!