Health Care Equipment & Services
Vision Group Holdings (VGH) specialises in the provision of private ophthalmic services in Australia. VGH is a leading provider of ophthalmic care, providing ophthalmic services through a network of 29 consulting facilities, nine day surgeries and seven refractive surgery facilities located across Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. Vision Group Holdings listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on 17 December, 2004.
ResMed Inc. (RMD) is a specialist medical device manufacturer principally focused on the development, manufacturing and sale of medical equipment for the treatment and diagnosis of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) and other respiratory disorders. SDB includes obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) together with other respiratory disorders occurring during sleep. ResMed Inc is listed on two stock exchanges, the NYSE and the ASX. It listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) on 25th of November, 1999. The Company employs circa 2000 people worldwide. ResMed Inc.
Healthscope (HSP) is one of the major healthcare services provider in Australia. The Company owns and operates a portfolio of around 45 medical/surgical, rehabilitation and psychiatric hospitals. Healthscope is also engaged in the provision of pathology services across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Malaysia. Healthscope listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on May 4, 1994. In December 2004, Healthscope acquired Gribbles, which helped it in achieving a significant position in the pathology industry.
Ventracor (VCR) is an international medical device company focused on the development of an implantable blood pump, the VentrAssist left ventricular assist device (LVAD). LVAD is designed as a substitute to heart transplantation for people in end-stage heart failure. The Company is principally engaged in the research, development, manufacture, clinical trials and marketing of the VentrAssist LVAD and related technologies. Ventracor listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on August 17, 1993.
Ramsay Health Care (RHC) is a large and established private hospitals operator, with operations mainly held in Australia, Indonesia and the United Kingdom. Ramsay Health Care is engaged in the provision of diversified health care services, ranging from day surgery procedures to highly complex surgery, in addition to psychiatric care and rehabilitation. RHC operates more than 100 hospitals. It has more than 8,000 beds, with over 25,000 people employed across three countries. Ramsay Health Care listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on 24th September, 1997.
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries (API) was formed in 1910 and now it is a leading distributor of pharmaceutical and allied products in Australia having alliances with more than 4000 independent pharmacies. API also focuses on retailing through its wholly owned Priceline retail store brand, a major health and beauty brand in Australia. API is a major franchisor in the pharmacy industry. Through its 150 Priceline Pharmacy stores, API offers the pharmacist franchisees a total retail model. The Company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on 16 June, 1997.
AtCor Medical Holdings (ACG) designs, manufactures and markets medical devices intended for cardiovascular management. The Company makes products for clinical settings that are used in non-invasive cardiovascular evaluation and patient management. ACG is headquartered in Sydney. AtCor sells its products via a network of national distributors located in many countries across the world, with the help of its American subsidiary AtCor Medical Inc (USA) based in Chicago, IL and through a representative office in Europe. ACG was listed on the Australian on Stock Exchange 9 November, 2005.
AquaCarotene (AQL) is principally focused on the growth, production, refinement, marketing and sale of natural marine algae-related materials. The Company produces natural beta-carotene and dry marine algae from Dunaliella salina. Beta-carotene is a naturally occurring substance usually present in red, orange and green fruit and vegetables. AQL listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on 5th of January, 1999.
Atos Wellness (ATW) is in the business of energy medicine and healthcare industry. Atos manufactures and sells advanced healthcare products which are a blend of scientific Western, traditional Chinese and complementary medical methods. It also operates a franchise distribution system and a total health care and wellness centre. Atos Wellness listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on 10th of October, 2003.
Analytica (ALT) is a biotechnology company with its principal activities focused on the design, research, development and supply of medical devices that are intended to enhance the safety of healthcare workplace. Analytica was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on 25 of October, 2000. The company is headquartered in Eight Mile Plains, Australia. Analytica is mainly engaged in the development of intellectual property in the medical device field in relation to patents in the auto burette, retractable syringe and retractable needle field.
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)