Health Care Equipment & Services
Portland Orthopaedics (PLD) is an innovative developer, manufacturer and distributor of a range of reconstructive orthopaedic devices, specifically focusing on joint replacement systems such as hips and knees. The company is headquartered in Matraville, New South Wales and has a sales office in Michigan, USA.
Portland was established in 1991 to commercialise its hip replacement system developed by Professor Ron Sekel. PLD listed on the Australian stockmarket (ASX) on 21 December, 2005.
PharmaNet Group (PNO) has a number of entities under its control that operate in the pharmaceutical industry. The principal activities of its entities within the consolidated entity are research, development, investment, distribution, marketing and sales of medical and paramedical products and manufacture and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
Pearl Healthcare (PHL) provides dental laboratory services and aims to deliver quality products for dental professionals. It has created a network of dental laboratories through the acquisition of established dental laboratories across Australia. Their products and services include crown and bridges, metal free restorations, implants, castings, denture prostethics, occlusal splints, mouthguards, anti snoring devices and orthodontic and orthopaedic appliances.
Optiscan Imaging (OIL) is a Melbourne-based, publicly listed Australian medical device company. The Optiscan Technology is a patented combination of optical fibre and laser technologies incorporated into miniaturised confocal microscopes. Optiscan's microscopes are small enough to fit inside the body and produce unique high magnification, high resolution, digital images of intact living tissue in real time for the detection of pathological changes. These images assist clinicians with identification of treatment options and enable improved patient outcomes.
Occupational and Medical Innovations Limited (OMI) is involved in the development and manufacturing of safety equipment for the medical industry. OMI's core products include, a retractable safety syringe, a needle sheath, a safety scalpel, safety canula and canula valve.
NSL Consolidated (NSL) focuses on the distribution of biotechnology products. The company was formally involved in research and development of drug and biological agents but has shifted it operations to act as a distribution company for other medical technology companies. The company was listed on the Australian stockmarket (ASX) in February 1998. Its head office is situated Toorak, Victoria.
Nanosonics (NAN) is a technology driven company that is commercialising innovative and unique customer focused disinfection solutions. The Company's unique disinfection and sterilisation technologies provide the ability to produce safe, non-toxic, fast and environmentally friendly solutions that are able to kill the most resilient microorganisms.
Medtech Global (MDG) is involved in the provision of efficient healthcare administration systems to minimise cost and improve the quality of healthcare in metropolitan, rural or remote areas. Its products include RX Integrated Clinical, Medical Windows Integrated Clinical and Rx Enterprise (powered by EHR Link).
Medivac (MDV) is an Australian health care equipment and services company in the business of supplying patented clinical and sharps waste sterilisation technology, associated consumables and in house clinical education modules to health and aged care; along with commercialising other aligned, innovative technologies and forming strategic alliances to develop complementary business units in the global health and aged care market.
Medigard (MGZ) is an Australian company providing a range of safety medical devices which guard medical staff and the public against the risk of needlestick injury. Needlestick injury is of particular concern to healthcare workers that are exposed to patients with high risk bloodborne diseases such as HIV-Aids and Hepatitis B and C. MGZ's retractable devices have been exclusively patented.
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Protect your Shares
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)