Shares / Stock Code
Stock Exchange / Sharemarket
- List of Australian Research Houses
- Is 20% Annual Return Realistic?
- How Do I Invest My First $2000?
- 20% Return Above Cash Rate Guaranteed: Would you invest?
- Should I Use Technical or Fundamental Analysis when Stock Picking?
- Best place to go to learn how to invest in the stock market
- What are the best stocks for long term investment?
- Investment Opportunity in Oil Given Recent Weakness?
- Invest in US markets from Europe online
G.U.D. Holdings (GUD) is engaged in the manufacturing and distribution of security products, filtration products, farm and domestic pumps, garden products and electrical appliances. GUD was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) on the 30th of June 1962. Its average annual revenue reaches approximately $518 million out of its issued capital of $59 million. Its headquarters is located in Victoria, Australia and to date; around 1,350 people are employed in the company. GUD Holdings operates mainly in four business segments: automotive products, consumer products, security products and water products.
The automotive product segment of GUD Holdings Limited includes Cooper and Wesfil air, oil and fuel filters, Ryco, and Goss replacement fuel pumps. The products under this segment include air including cabin air; oil and fuel filter which are all marketed with brands of Cooper, Wesfil and Ryco.
The consumer product segment of GUD is comprised of Victa Lawncare, Oates Clean Cleaning hardware products and Sunbeam Appliances. The products of Sunbeam include kettles, toasters, food preparation appliances, fry pans, snack makers, BBQ grills, water filters and chillers, and coffee machines. The products of Oates include mops, brush ware, sponges, buckets, scourers and wipes while Victa is engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of walk-behind lawnmowers for the markets in Australia and New Zealand.
The security products segment of GUD Holdings includes Kiroo, Lock Focus, Emka and Locktech. Kiroo and Emka is in charged of the hardware for electrical cabinets while Locktech is in charged of the safes and secure filing cabinets. Lock Focus is in charged of manufacturing locking solutions for manufacturers labeling their products with brand names Emka, Locktech and Lock Focus.
The water product segment of the company is comprised of Spa-Quip spa pool components, Davey pumps and water pressure systems, Monarch swimming pool products, Filterpure and Steriflo water treatment systems.
GUD Holdings Company History
GUD Holdings was founded as a producer of automotive filters in 1940. Victa branch was formed in 1952. The company’s stock started its trade on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1959 when the company offered its product to the public.
Lock Focus, Davey and Sunbeam were acquired by the company in 1993, 1995 and 1996 respectively. Campsie manufacturing site was closed by GUD. Kettle and slow cooker manufacturing was relocated to China from New Zealand in 2003.
Manufacturer of spa pool components, Spa-Quip which was founded in New Zealand was acquired by GUD in 2004. Davey, company’s subsidiary took water treatment products business of New Zealand in 2005. Its businesses were water coolers and purifiers, contamination control, filter pure cartridge filters and Steriflo ultra-violet water disinfection systems.
Oates Clean was also acquired that same year. Oates Clean was a consumer and industrial products brand for the cleansing of accessories segment and products. Monarch Pool Systems, a swimming pool industry founded in Western Australia was taken by GUD in 2006.
GUD Holdings Products and Services
G.U.D. Holdings is a manufacturing and marketing company retailing products in the consumer and industrial markets.
- Water products like Pumps
- Cleaning products
- Consumer products and appliances
- Security products
- Automotive parts and lawnmowers
Brands which GUD Holdings own include:
GUD Holdings Competitors
- Monarch pool systems
- Oates Clean
- Lock Focus
GUD Holdings Locations and Subsidiaries
GUD Holdings Head Office
245 Sunshine Rd
Tottenham VIC 3012
Phone: (03) 9243 3333
Fax: (03) 9243 3300
GUD Holdings Subsidiaries
Sunbeam Corporation Limited (New Zealand)
Lock Focus Pty Ltd
Davey Pumps Inc
ED Oates Holdings Pty Ltd
Spa - Quip (Australia) Pty Ltd
Heavy Duty Filters Pty Ltd
Wesfil Australia Pty Ltd
Victa Lawncare Pty Ltd
Sunbeam Overseas Holdings Australia Pty Ltd
ED Oates Pty Ltd
Sunbeam Corporation Limited - t/a Victa
Spa - Quip Limited
Contamination Control Limited
GUD Investments Pty Ltd
Davey Products NZ Limited
G U D Automotive Pty Ltd
Goss Products Pty Ltd
Sunbeam Victa Holdings Ltd
GUD Europe Limited
Sunbeam Administration Services Pty Ltd
Davey Products Pty Ltd
Monarch Pool Systems Pty Ltd
G U D (NZ) Limited
Other GUD Holdings Details
GUD Holdings Year Established: 1958
ACN: 004 400 891
Previous Company Names: GUD Holdings Pty Ltd
GUD Holdings Share Price
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)
ASX GICS Sector Company List
- Automobile & Components
- Capital Goods
- Commercial Services & Supplies
- Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Consumer Services
- Diversified Financials
- Food & Staples Retailing
- Food Beverage & Tobacco
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Real Estate
- Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment
- Software & Services
- Technology Hardware & Equipment
- Telecommunication Services