Shares / Stock Code
Stock Exchange / Sharemarket
- What are Trade Options?
- How to make money in options?
- Where can I learn how to trade the markets (Futures and Options or even Forex)?
- Which Stocks are Affected by the Carbon Tax?
- Australian Renewable Energy Companies
- Australian Clean Technology Companies
- What is an Annual General Meeting (AGM)?
- List of Australian Research Houses
- What are Futures?
Brambles Limited (BXB), operating in more than 45 countries across six continents is now one of the leading providers of support services in the world. It is the holding company under the Brambles Group of Companies. BXB provides a range of business and industrial services that include plastic and pallet container pooling, recycling and waste management, contract-based industrial services, information management as well as specialised equipment and transport rental. Brambles Limited was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on the 27th of November 2006. Its annual revenue is approximately AUD$ 3 billion and to date, around 12,000 people are employed in the company with its headquarters located in Sydney, Australia. Brambles Limited operates in two business segments: Recall and CHEP.
Throughout Bramble's existence, Recall has been one of the world leaders in the information management. It provides services from the secure storage and retrieval of digital and physical documents to digital conversion, protection of data as well as secure destruction of these data. These services are provided by Recall to segments of transaction-intensive market like banking and finance, legal, insurance, retailing, government and health care. Recall now operates in 300 facilities located in 22 counties.
Another of Bramble's subsidiary companies is Commonwealth Handling Equipment Pool or CHEP is one of the world providers of container pooling services. Some of the services CHEP provides are the issuing, collecting, repairing, and reissuing of plastic and pallet containers from more than 450 service centres in 44 countries. It also handles the supply chain logistics of pallet and containers for customers in the produce, meat, beverages, consumer goods, as well as automotive and petro-chemical industries. It has also made partners with its customers to develop the type of pooling solutions that will reduce the damage in the products by offering enhanced efficiencies of deliveries, eliminating waste and cutting down the supply chain costs.
Brambles Limited Company History
Mr. Walter Bramble is the founder of Brambles Limited (BXB) which was then named Brambles and Sons. It was formed in 1875 and it was established in 1925 however; Bramble and Sons was only enlisted on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1954. It was in 1958 when the Commonwealth Handling Equipment Pool (CHEP) was acquired by Brambles and Sons from the government of Australia.
Purle Waste Disposals Australia was also acquired by Brambles and Sons. UK's Purle Brothers Holdings was the Australian division in 1970 and made an expansion in New Zealand in 1974. In 1975, CHEP pallet-pooling idea was introduced to UK through a partnership with GKN.
Cleanaway is a corporate identity of a group of companies in small waste management brought by Brambles in 1979. Because of the acquisition of the Redland Purle, the largest and the biggest waste disposal private-sector operator in UK in 1980, Cleanaway was put overseas.
Brambles expanded throughout Europe in 1994 along with the company's contract-based industrial service with the acquisition with a Netherland-based company, the NILO Holdings.
In 1999, Short Bros, a producer of industrial services and projects in the industry of steel was acquired by Brambles. It led them to a better position in the European industrial market services. Solomat (France) followed the acquisition by purchasing it the same year.
Brambles (BXB) Products and Services
A provider of equipment pooling and information management services through its CHEP and Recall businesses
- CHEP (Commonwealth Handling Equipment Pool):
- Automotive container services
- Catalyst and chemical container services
- Control systems
- Intermediate bulk container services
- Pallet services
- Reusable plastic container services
- Audio-visual archiving
- Automated workflow and e-forms
- Business continuity
- Digital report management
- Document destruction
- Document filing and retrieval
- Document imaging
- Irreplaceable assets
- Materials destruction
- Medical records
- Off-site secure shredding
- Off-site tape backup and storage
- One-time bulk shredding
- On-site shredding
Brambles Limited Competitors
- Allied Waste Industries, Inc.
- Casella Waste Systems Inc
- Industrial Services of America, Inc.
- Republic Services, Inc.
- Waste Connections, Inc.
- Waste Industries USA, Inc.
- Waste Management, Inc.
Brambles (BXB) Locations and Subsidiaries
Brambles Limited Headquarters
Level 40 Gateway Building
1 Macquarie Pl
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: (02) 9256 5222
Fax: (02) 9256 5299
Other Brambles Limited Details
Brambles Limited Year Established: 2006
ACN: 118 896 021
Brambles (BXB) Share Price
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)
ASX GICS Sector Company List
- Automobile & Components
- Capital Goods
- Commercial Services & Supplies
- Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Consumer Services
- Diversified Financials
- Food & Staples Retailing
- Food Beverage & Tobacco
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Real Estate
- Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment
- Software & Services
- Technology Hardware & Equipment
- Telecommunication Services