Shares / Stock Code
Stock Exchange / Sharemarket
- What are Trade Options?
- How to make money in options?
- Where can I learn how to trade the markets (Futures and Options or even Forex)?
- Which Stocks are Affected by the Carbon Tax?
- Australian Renewable Energy Companies
- Australian Clean Technology Companies
- What is an Annual General Meeting (AGM)?
- List of Australian Research Houses
- What are Futures?
AMP Limited (AMP) is a financial company engaging in wealth management provision, banking and allied solutions and service as well as investment management. It serves more than 304 million customers operating mainly in Australia and New Zealand. AMP was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on the 15th of June, 1998 and is also listed on the New Zealand Exchange in the same year. AMP has more than A$129 billion in assets under management (as at 31 December 2007). Their annual revenue reaches $10,997,000 from their issued capital of $4,012,000. To date, around 3,500 people are employed in the company. AMP has one of Australia's largest shareholder registers, with more than 830,000 shareholders. Individual investors own around 43 per cent of AMP's shareholder base while institutional investors constitute about 57 per cent ownership.
AMP Limited Company History
In 1849, Thomas Holt, Thomas Mort and W H Walsh established the AMP as an Australian Mutual Provident Society.
In 1958, AMP General (formerly the AMP Fire and General Insurance) was established. London Life, the second oldest mutual company in the world was acquired by the company in 1989. Pear Assurance, another company was acquired by AMP in 1990.
Another acquisition including GIO, an Australia-based company was made in 1999.
Also in the same year, The Henderson Investors merged with the AMP Asset Management. The result of the merging was named The Henderson Global Investors.
Different businesses in UK such as NPI, London Life and Pearl were converted into a single financial service unit. In 2002, American Express purchased the company’s credit card businesses in New Zealand and Australia and BNP Paribas purchased the company’s business of investment operations. This resulted to the split-up of the merged companies the following year.
Macquarie Bank and the company made a business partnership in 2004 to handle the Diversified Utility and Energy Trusts or the DUET. In December of the same year, the DUET IPO has been accomplished. By the year 2005, the company started a new business of unlisted retail fund called the Global Property Securities Fund or the GPS Fund.
AMPCI made a business agreement with Meridien to make a new business for retirement management and asset. The company was called the AMP Capital Meridien Lifestyle in April of 2007.
AMP Products and Services
- Life insurance
- Retirement income services: Pensions
- Other financial services
- Equity investment services
- Fixed income investment services
- General insurance services
- Group risk insurance services
- Property investment services
- Private capital products and services
- Retail and corporate superannuation services
- Managed investment services
- Risk insurance services
- Selected banking products
AMP Limited Competitors
AMP Locations and Subsidiaries
AMP Limited Headquarters
Level 24 AMP Building 33 Alfred St
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: (02) 9257 5000
Fax: (02) 9257 7178
86-90 Customhouse Quay
Wellington 4 New Zealand
Ph: (64 4) 498 8000 Fax: (64 4) 498 8492
AMP Limited Subsidiaries>
AMP Capital Investors Limited
AMP Bank Limited
AMP Superannuation Limited
AMP Life Limited
Other AMP Limited Details
AMP Year Established: 1849
ACN: 079 354 519
AMP Share Price
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)
ASX GICS Sector Company List
- Automobile & Components
- Capital Goods
- Commercial Services & Supplies
- Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Consumer Services
- Diversified Financials
- Food & Staples Retailing
- Food Beverage & Tobacco
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Real Estate
- Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment
- Software & Services
- Technology Hardware & Equipment
- Telecommunication Services