AMP Limited (AMP) is a financial company engaging in wealth management provision, banking and allied solutions and service as well as investment management. It serves more than 304 million customers operating mainly in Australia and New Zealand. AMP was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on the 15th of June, 1998 and is also listed on the New Zealand Exchange in the same year. AMP has more than A$129 billion in assets under management (as at 31 December 2007). Their annual revenue reaches $10,997,000 from their issued capital of $4,012,000.
- AMP full year net profit $704 million, up 2 percent from $688 million in the previous year.
- Annual revenue from ordinary activities up 197 percent to $16.882 billion.
Australia Post has unveiled a Digital MailBox initiative earlier, such a service allowing customers to access all their confidential letters and bills and to make transactions, through a single trustworthy online location. The service comes as Australia Post seeks to generate new digital revenue streams as its traditional postal business comes under pressure from the rise of electronic media such as emails.
- $383 million: first half net profit increased 10 percent compared to the corresponding period ($349 million).
- $497 million (+7 percent): Underlying profit up from $459 million. The underlying profit metric removes some impact of market volatility and cost relating to merger ($4 billion acquisition of AXA Pacific).
Some Australian publicly listed companies provide incentives for their shareholders in the form of a shareholder benefits scheme or shareholder benefits package or shareholder discount schemes. Here is a list of benefits you may be entitled to when you purchase a share of a public company.
Shareholder Benefits List
S&P ASX 100 Big Percentage Gainers stocks for the week. These stocks increased their share price by the largest percentage on the Australian sharemarket, the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) from the previous week of trading (4th week: 24th January to 28th January 2011). Other lists of ASX companies by market capitalisation.
S&P ASX 200 Big Percentage Gainers stocks for the week. These stocks increased their share price by the largest percentage on the Australian sharemarket, the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) from the previous week of trading (4th week: 24th January to 28th January 2011). Other lists of ASX companies by market capitalisation.
Stock Filter of the ASX 100 Winners this week. These stocks increased their share price by the biggest percentage on the Australian stockmarket, the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) from the last week of trading (49th week: 6th December to 10th December 2010). Included this week are: RIV, BLY, MCC, AWC, SGM, QBE, JHX, ILU, LLC, LEI, CTX, DOW, AMP, PRY, ORG. Other lists of Aussie companies by market capitalisation.
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)