Woolworths $1.15b Profit up 19.4% 1H2013 #WOW
- Food, Retailing and Tabacco - Australian Stock Market Report
- Food, Retailing and Tabacco - Australian Shares Scan
- ASX Stockmarket ASX200 Mid-Week Scan
- XII - LIC International Index
- XID - LIC Domestic Index
- XIC - LIC Composite Index
- Utilities - Australian Stock Market Report
- Consumer Services - Australian Stock Market Report
- Transportation - Australian Stock Market Report
- Woolworths have reported a Net Profit of $1.15 billion, up 19.4 percent on the prior corresponding period.
- WOW revenue from ordinary activities up 3.2 percent, year-on-year, to $30.8753 billion.
- Woolworths sales from continuing operations up 4.8 percent to $30 billion.
- Big W had strong earnings growth, up eight percent to $129.5 million, as a result of freight and storage cost savings and a changed approach to promotions.
- Woolworths Chief Executive Officer Grant O'Brien said, "Despite ongoing challenging retail conditions as well as the transformational path our business is pursuing, growth in profitability in our core businesses was strong. Our strategic initiatives, which are providing a platform for the future success of Woolworths, continue to generate enhanced returns for our shareholders whilst improving the shopping experience of our customers."
- WOW CEO O'Brien said, "Woolworths has been a reputable business for many years, and operated at a very high standard and I think that's well recognised. None of that's changed under my watch and won't. So, a regulator has a job to do and we have a job here to do at Woolies, which is to deliver an offer to consumers that is compelling."
- Total group revenue for the first half up 3.2 percent to $30.88 billion from the 2011's $29.91 billion.
- Woolworths had also spun off 69 shopping centres into a listed property trust: Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group (ASX:SCP).
- Woolworths have sold Dick Smith to Anchorage Capital Partners and had taken an impairment charge of $65.7 million. The company had previously taken an impairment charge of $300 million in the prior year.
- On average, Woolworths served 20.2 million customers per week.
- Woolworths' home improvement chain, Masters, has 25 stores which generated sales of $637 million in the six months to December.
- Woolworths had acquired 29 hotels and 10 bottle shops during the half.
- Woolworths' pubs and poker machines venture, ALH Group, had revenue of $759 million for the half, up 19 percent, EBIT of $141 million, up 21 percent. ALH operates more than one-third of the poker machines in Victoria's pubs with 4,677 machines
- Woolworths has declared a fully-franked dividend of 62 cents per share, up 5.1 percent.
- What Are Broker Recommendations?
- Free Tickets to Trading & Investing Seminar & Expo ($18) Brisbane 2013
- Stock Calc App
- All About Warrants
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Features
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: Domestic ETFs
- Introduction to Exchange Traded Funds: International ETFs
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Exchange Traded Commodities: In Summary
- How much Should I Pay for an Option?
- Options Trading: Time Value
- Options Pricing
- Why You Should Trade Index Options
- How to Weather out Flat Markets Using Options
- Australian Stock Scan
- Australian Online Share Trading
- List of Trading Books
- Interesting Thoughts about the Australian Dollar
- What's the Meaning of Hawkish?
- Do You Know How To Use the P/E Ratio
- Trading, Religion and Politics - Do They Have Anything in Common?
- Shares that are Volatile that Double and Half in the Short Term
- Telstra (TLS) T3
- Margin Call by E-mail
- The Cost of Holding a Position
- Lack of Disclosure: Compensation from ASX Listed Company
- Unrealistic Returns and Benchmarks
- CMC Markets Down
- Quality versus Quantity Forex Trading
- Woolworths 1H Sales $30.7bn up 3.2%
Date added 31-01-2013
- ASIC Fines CommBank's CommSec
Date added 25-09-2012
- Industry Super Network Calls to Ban High Frequency Trading (HFT)
Date added 22-09-2012
- NAB Launches Online Share Trading Platform
Date added 19-09-2012
- Reserve Bank of Australia Says 23 Countries Holding AUD
Date added 18-09-2012
- Australia Post Digital Mailbox
Date added 10-09-2012
- Winners and Losers of Trading for Week 2
Date added 16-01-2012
- 2012's First Week of the Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 09-01-2012
- 2011's Last Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-01-2012
- Best and Worst Pre-Christmas Traded Stocks
Date added 30-12-2011
- Trading Winners and Losers for Dec. 12-16
Date added 19-12-2011
- Best and Worst Traded Stocks for Dec. 5-9
Date added 13-12-2011
- Top 3 Best and Worst Traded Stocks
Date added 05-12-2011
- ASX Glitch Trading Halt
Date added 27-10-2011
- Worst Trade Stocks (and the Best)
Date added 06-08-2011
Top 150 Public Companies Listed on the Australian Stockmarket as at 29/05/2009
- BHP Billiton
- Westpac Banking Corporation (WBC)
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Telstra (TLS)
- News Corporation (NWS)
- Woolworths Limited(WOW)
- Woodside Petroleum Limited (WPL)
- Rio Tinto
- Westfield Group (WDC)
- Westfarmers Limited (WES)
- QBE Insurance
- Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM)
- Origin Energy Limited (ORG)
- Santos Limited (STO)
- AMP Limited (AMP)
- Macquarie Group (MQG)
- Foster’s Group Limited (FGL)
ASX GICS Sector Company List
- Automobile & Components
- Capital Goods
- Commercial Services & Supplies
- Consumer Durables & Apparel
- Consumer Services
- Diversified Financials
- Food & Staples Retailing
- Food Beverage & Tobacco
- Health Care Equipment & Services
- Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Real Estate
- Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment
- Software & Services
- Technology Hardware & Equipment
- Telecommunication Services